Why choose me
• I’ve been translating professionally since 2003. So I can offer you years of experience and guarantee the highest quality. Put yourself in the hands of a competent expert and you won’t get any unpleasant surprises, waste of time or money, and end up looking bad and accidentally harming your image.
• Before I went freelance I worked in a number of companies, in close contact with technicians, engineers, sales teams and clients. This has allowed me to specialize in highly technical material as well as sales communication especially in relation to the web. I am intimately familiar with the technical jargon of the sectors in which I work and never lose sight of the final purpose of the texts or their end readers.
• Throughout my entire education I have placed the focus on foreign language learning and culminated with an honors degree at SSLMIT, the School for Interpreters and Translators in Forlì (one of the most respected and prestigious universities for aspiring professionals in the field). Since then, I have continued to devote time and resources to my continuous training.
• I am an ordinary member of AITI, the Italian Association of Translators and Interpreters, was awarded certification by the ProZ.com Certified PRO Network and am also “Trados Studio 2011 certified”. In order to become a member I sat a specific admission test to prove that I met the required standards.
• I live in Milan but spend several months a year abroad in order to maintain fluency in my working languages and keep in touch with the countries where these languages are spoken.
How I work
• I translate exclusively into my native language, Italian, in order to guarantee flawless text which is effective and as natural as if it had never been translated.
• Material sent to me for translation or consultation is treated with the utmost confidentiality.
• Before accepting a job I first check that it falls within my field of competence and then offer the best delivery time. For complex projects I can draw on a network of experts in my fields of specialization.
• The finished work is of the highest quality and satisfies the most stringent standards. Each translation is carefully proofread and revised.
• I place great importance on communication with my clients before, during and after the job. Certain clients have engaged my services repeatedly and become regular clients.
Since 2003: freelance translator and language specialist for language service providers, translation agencies, OEMs, companies and private clients. Professional translation, proofreading and quality assurance in Italian from English, German and French. Copywriting and web writing in Italian, keyword research and consulting on SEO and PPC campaigns for the Italian market.
2005-2010: training and technical documentation manager in ZF Italia S.r.l., in-house translator (DE-EN-> IT -> EN-DE), interpreter (for mechanical training sessions and meetings in Italy and Germany), coordination of technical trainers and teaching material for Automotive OEMs, preparation of business trips, international meetings, presentations, reports.
2004: Parc naturel régional de Camargue – Translation and localization of the website and translation of tourism related brochures (FR-> IT) for the Camargue Regional Nature Reserve.
2003: Mercedes Benz AG – Translation, proofreading, quality assurance and localization of brochures, operating manuals, CBT (computer based training) programs, technical documents. Improving terminology database (DE->IT)
2003: VALORIS Lorraine – Translation and proofreading of various documents – tourism, automotive, wood, logistics, IT, steel and mechanics industry… (FR->IT).
2013 – Freetech: Continuing education seminars for freelancers
2013 – Webinar “SDL Trados Studio 2011- Advanced”
2013 – Conference “Translating for tourism industry”
2012 – Conference “Transcreation: translation and copywriting”
2012 – Webinar “Comics translation” (DE-IT)
2010 and 2011 – Translation quality control for Automotive industry after SAE-J2450 standard
2010 – Advanced training “Web writing and web translation”
2009 – Online Winter School “Literary translation”
2009 – Training “Sworn translations and Legal English”
2010 – Online Summer School “Seminars for freelance translators”
2005-2010 – Several mechanical and business courses about ZF Friedrichshafen gearboxes, clutches, brakes, suspensions; “Train the Trainer” project
2005 – Graduated with honors at SSLIMT (Advanced School for Translators and Interpreters) – Università di Bologna/Forlì. Final thesis: Localization in Italian for the website www.parc-camargue.fr Final mark: 110 e lode (summa cum laude)
2002 – Erasmus program at Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universität, Bonn, Germany
2000 – German language course at TUDIAS Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
1995-1999 – Modern languages high school: English, French and German. Best final mark (100/100)
A detailed Curriculum vitae is available on request
CAT: Trados Studio 2011, Trados 2007, SDLX, Wordfast Anywhere
Content editing: Advanced user of Office Suite
Web: HTML, WordPress, Google Adwords
Several general and technical dictionaries (CD, online, paper)
Up-to-date computer workstation, with antivirus and fast internet connection
Mobile internet connection (smartphone)